- Lo, L. (2014). The Benefits of Earning a MFA to Library Leadership. Skills to Make a Librarian: Transferable Skills Inside and Outside the Library. Sawston: Chandos Publishing
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Lo, L.S. & Reed, J. (Summer, 2016). You’re Hired!: An Analysis of the Perceptions and Behaviors of Library Job Candidates on Job Offer Negotiations. The Southeastern Librarian. 64(2).
- Coleman, J., Mallon, M., Leo, L. (2016). Recent Changes to Reference Services on Academic Libraries and Their Relationship to Perceived Quality: Results of a National Survey. Journal of Library Administration. 56(6).
- Lo, L. S., Coleman, J., Theiss, D. (2013). Putting QR Codes to the Test. New Library World,114(11/12): 459-476. Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/31/
Trade Journal Article
- Lo, L.S. (2013). A Little Bit About Sensory Science and Museums. Riksutställningar Swedish Exhibition Agency Newsletter. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/30/
- Essay for Asian/Pacific American Library Association:
- Lo. L (2013). My Personal Strategic Plan. Retrieved from http://www.apalaweb.org/my-personal-strategic-plan-by-leo-lo/
- Guest blog for Residency Interest Group: An Interest Group of the Association of College and Research Libraries:
- Lo. L (2010). Some Thoughts on the 2010 Minnesota Institute. Retrieved from: http://acrl.ala.org/residency/thoughts-on-the-minnesota-institute/
Academic Journal Publications
Peer Reviewed Article
- (Upcoming) Lo, L.S. & Herman, B. (2017). An Investigation of Factors Impacting the Wellness of Academic Library Employees. College and Research Libraries, 78(5).
- (Upcoming) Whitver, S., Lo, L.S. (2017). Asking Questions in the Classroom: An Exploration of Tools and Techniques Used in the Library Instruction Classroom. Communications in Information Literacy, 11(1).
- Lo, L.S. & Reed, J. (2016). An Investigation of the Perceptions, Expectations, and Behaviors of Library Employers on Job negotiations as both Employers and as Job Seekers. Conference Proceedings 2016 Australia Library and Information Association National Conference. Adelaide, Australia: Australia Library and Information Association.
- Lo, L. S. & Dale, J. (2009). Information Literacy “Learning” via Online Tutorials: A Collaboration between Subject Specialist and Instructional Design Librarian. Journal of Library & Information Services in Distance Learning, 3(3-4): 148-158.
Editor Reviewed Articles
- Lo, L. S. (2014). No More Square Pegs for Square Jobs: A Proposal for a New Recruitment Mindset for the Future of Libraries. Library Leadership & Management, 28(2). Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/25/
- Lo, L.S. & Gonzalez, A. (2013) How to Lead from the Middle with Evidence-Based Decision Making. Library Leadership & Management, 28(1). Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/24/
- Lo, L. S. (2013). Adopting a Proactive Library Recruitment Strategy. Library Leadership & Management, 27(4). Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/29/
- Lo, L. S. (2013). How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Public Speaking. Library Leadership & Management, 27(3). Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/26/
- Lo. L. S. (2012). A Conversation with Maureen Sullivan, Incoming president of ALA. Library Leadership & Management, 26(2). Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/28/
- Lo, L. S. (2011). Design Your Video Tutorial like a Hollywood Blockbuster: Using Hollywood Screenplay Structure to Engage Viewers [Special Issue]. Indiana Libraries, 30(1): 62-66. Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.odu.edu/libraries_fac_pubs/27/